Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum age of 21 and maximum age of 26 at the time of the application deadline (15 January 2020 for all regions)
- Valid citizenship for the relevant Rolex Scholarship (North America, Europe, and Australasia)
- Applicant has not yet earned a graduate degree (i.e. Masters, Doctorate or similar) by April 1st of the scholarship year, and has not yet chosen a clearly defined career path
- High academic standing
- Fluency in English
- Certification as a Rescue Diver or equivalent with a minimum of 25 dives logged in the past two years
- Evidence of adequate health insurance for duration of scholarship year
- Submission of a completed diving medical examination form (which is found in the application)
- If you are chosen as a scholar, you will be required to pass a NOAA or equivalent physical.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
The Our World-Underwater Scholarship Society (OWUSS) is dedicated to providing young leaders with exemplary experiences in the underwater world. We strive to cultivate an organization built on mentorship, encouragement, tolerance and mutual respect, thereby engendering a welcoming environment for all. We believe in diversity, both in terms of ideas, and the people that form our organization.
We will vigorously and proactively reject prejudice and stereotyping wherever it is encountered in our organization. OWUSS further promotes diversity and inclusion in all areas of activity, including scholarships, internships, leadership, committees, outreach, public engagement, recruitment and all other areas of Society activity.